No matter where you live or what your income, every Floridian deserves the opportunity for a healthy life. We need to protect Medicaid and Medicare, stand up to powerful insurance and prescription drug lobbies and tackle our opioid crisis head-on. Our healthcare system must work for us to create and sustain our health and healthy communities, not for corporate profits.
Here are our ideas:
- Limit the influence of powerful insurance and prescription drug lobbies and leverage our collective power to hold them accountable.
- Reign in the cost of prescription drugs.
- Address the opioid crisis through education and funding for comprehensive treatment.
- Expand Medicaid.
- Trust women to make personal healthcare decisions.
- Expand access to family planning services and eliminate barriers to sexual and reproductive healthcare.